"Body and Mind are One"
A Day of Mindfulness with Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
and the Plum Village Monastics
for health care and human service professionals
Date: May 21, 2013 (Tuesday)
Time: 10:00 – 16:00
Venue: Centre on Behavioral Health, The University of Hong Kong
Fees: HKD250.00 (including vegetarian lunch)
Online registration for the DOM will be avaialble Monday March 25, 2013 at 10:00 am.
Target participant: health care and human service professionals
Language of the program: English
About Day of Mindfulness and other programs of the Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh Hong Kong Tour 2013: http://www.pvfhk.org
- Sitting meditation
- Dharma Talk
- Mindful eating (vegetarian lunch)
- Total Relaxation
- Group sharing*
The Day of Mindfulness (HKU) is co-organized by:
Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism, The Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong
Centre on Behavioral Health, The University of Hong Kong
Working in the human service fields can be fulfilling. While taking care of others for their physical, emotional and spiritual sufferings, nourishing the mind and heart is important for the helping professionals to support their work.
In this Day of Mindfulness, we will learn the practice of mindful breathing, walking meditation, eating in silence, total relaxation, deep listening and loving speech. These practices will help us to slow down, to take a break in our busy life. We will listen to Zen Master (Thay) Thich Nhat Hanh’s talk on ways to take care of our body and mind while serving others.
The dharma talk and sharing will focus on topics related to professional human service and healthcare work. Friends who are not in these professions are recommended to join other activities offered during Thay’s 2013 tour in Hong Kong. For details please refer to www.pvfhk.org.
Mind/Body Medical Institute invited Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh to be the first recipient of the Mind/Body/Spirit award (July 25, 2001)
Meditation and Psychotherapy: Deepening Mindfulness with Thich Nhat Hanh Date: 9/11/2013 - 9/12/2013, Boston, MA, USA
Offered by: Cambridge Health Alliance - Department of Psychiatry
How to register
- Registration online at www.pvfhk.org (Plum Village Hong Kong Website)
- Application will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Registrations are not final until the payment is received. Please make payment within one week after you register online.
- If the payment is not received within one week, the registrant will be put on the waiting list.
- Program fee is non-refundable
How to submit the payment
- Please print out the confirmation page (or confirmation e-mail)send it along with a cheque payable to The Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong Limited. Donation to support the teaching trips in Hong Kong of the Plum Village Delegation is appreciated.
- For donation to Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong Limited, both the program fee ($250/person) and the donation can be made in one cheque
- Please send confirmation page with the cheque to:
Centre on Behavioral Health, HKU
2/F, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Please quote on the envelope: <Day of Mindfulness>